Thursday, May 29, 2014

Dorothy Must Die Review

5/5 ☆☆☆☆☆


is a book that everyone must read.

Danielle Paige is an incredible author. 
I could think of a million ways this story could have been 
ruined, but Danielle Paige did a remarkable job. 
This book has made it's way up the ladder and landed a spot as one of my favorite books.
I have read many books, but this is the one that I will be taking about to my friends 
and family a month from now.

Our heroine, Amy Gumm, starts off as a non-violent and lonely 
teenager with only sarcasm as her weapon against the schools biggest bully
but after being dropped in Oz 
and being trained by the revolutionary order of the wicked
she begins to show some major 
character development.

Amy Gumm is Oz's last hope against Dorothy 
and her vicious friends.
 Glinda "the good witch", The Tin Woodsman, The Scarecrow, and The Lion
are stealing the magic from Oz and are terrorizing it's citizens.

Amy has everything she needs to defeat Dorothy:
Brains
Courage
Skills
and
Magic
but in this new Oz is there really anyone 
that she can trust? 
The Order?
Nox?
 The Wizard?

Is killing Dorothy the only way to save Oz?
and most importantly,
in a world where the meaning of the words Good and Wicked
are not what they should be,  
what kind of witch is will Amy Gumm become?

Is she Good or is she Wicked?

Find out what happens to Dorothy 
in this retelling of Oz 


***************************************************************************
Original Summary


I didn't ask for any of this.
I didn't ask to be some kind of hero.
But when your whole life gets by a tornado-taking you with it- you have no choice but to go along, you know?
Sure, I've read the books.
I've seen the movies.
I know the song about the rainbow and the happy little blue birds.
But I've never expected Oz to look like this. 
To be a place where Good Witches can't be trusted, and winged monkeys can be executed for acts of rebellion.
There's still the yellow brick road, though-but even that's crumbling.
What happened?
Dorothy.
They say she found a way to come back to Oz.
They say she seized power and the power went to her head.
And now no one is safe.

My name is Amy Gumm- and I'm the other girl from Kansas.
I've been recruited by the Revolutionary Order of the Wicked.
I've been trained to fight.
And I have a mission:
Remove the Tin Woodsman's heart
Steal the Scarecrow's brain
Take the Lion's courage
Then and Only then- Dorothy must die!

xoxoxo
-Natasha Blaxk



No comments:

Post a Comment